The Value of CONTENT MARKETING
Content marketing is the use of information to educate buyers and persuade them to purchase from you. Customers no longer want to be "sold" on a product ... they want to be come better educated so they can make their own purchasing decision.
Content Marketing delivers information that makes buyers become more intelligent about your product and its benefits to them versus a traditional sales pitch, and uses that information across many different communication platforms.
An example of content marketing:
TRADITIONAL SELLING: "Our widgets are the best-made widgets in the industry."
CONTENT MARKETING: "How different aluminum-grades impact widget performance," and "How many widgets per square foot are needed for your venue."
> click here to view the Cascading Effect of Content Marketing, or "re-purposing" of content
CONTENT MARKETING and B2B MARKETERS*
Here are some interesting facts about the use of content marketing in a B2B appliction:
->9 out of 10 organizations implement content marketing
-> B2B marketers utilize an average of 8 different content marketing tactics
->On average, B2B marketers employ eight different content marketing tactics to achieve their goals.
- 79% - Articles
- 74% - Social Media
- 65% - Blogs
- 63% - E-newsletters
- 58% - Case Studies
In a recent study,
it was concluded that:
- Content marketing attracted the most visitors to a website than all other marketing efforts (total of 46%)
- Content marketing created higher engagement with audience with those coming to the website from content marketing efforts at only 7% compared to 51% from a "deal" offer and 24% bounce from social media.
- Press articles generated visitors to the website that spent the most amount of pages viewed on the website (time on the site (4.41 pages per unique visitor) with those coming from content marketing efforts visiting just over 4 pages ...e-mail generated just over 3.6 pages per visitor)
> Read: Content Marketing is the New Search Engine Optimization
CONTENT MARKETING Drives Results*
- 70% of consumers say content marketing makes them feel closer to the sponsoring company*
- 60% say that company content helps them make better product decisions.*
- 67% think custom content from a company is valuable**
- 61% feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are more likely to buy from them.**
*from CMI (Content Marketing Institute)
** from Custom Content Council
> click here for the Cascading Effect of Content Marketing